Category: Heritage @ Macau.

Historic Center of Macau :: Casa Garden

This house was built in 1770 and was originally the residence of a wealthy Portuguese merchant, Manuel Pereira. At a later period it was rented out to the East India Company to serve as the company’s headquarters in Macao, housing several of the company’s high-ranking officials. Nowadays the property is the headquarters of the Oriental Foundation, a private cultural institution involved in local and regional community and cultural affairs.

The Casa Garden exterior is finished in white paint with ornamentation accentuated in red for contrast. The façade is punctuated with arched windows and shutters. A flight of granite steps leads to the entrance of the mansion, which opens to the main hall, splendidly decorated in a southern European style.

Photo Gallery

Category: Heritage @ Macau